Prepare for your charter
Marie Knight is solely for you and your group. We never add additional people, you are chartering your own private boat.
We can take up to a maximum (6) guests of all ages. Life jackets will be provided for adults and children over 90bs. Due to our size and location we apologize that Marie Knight is not handicapped accessible. All guests must be able to step in to and out of the launch and onto the Marie Knight (approximately 2ft.).
- We are moored in the Provincetown Marina. Do not confuse this with the town pier, MacMillan Wharf, where all the small kiosks are located. See below for walking directions.
- We are not affiliated with the Marina and there is no public restroom on the pier. There is one aboard the boat for your use.
- Walk almost to the very end of the pier where you will see a small shack that says Launch Office. Capt. Adrienne will greet you and walk with you to the launch.
- Exercise patience and caution (move slowly) when getting on and off the launch, the same for boarding Marie Knight - we'll be there to assist you.
- The recommended tip for the launch driver is $10 for the group round trip.
- View Parking options for Provincetown
Photography: Hire Dan McKeon, Provincetown's most beloved photog to come aboard and take pictures of your day.
Catering: We recommend Ptown Parties. Contact them for an oyster platter, a charcuterie board or some delicious lunchtime fare.
Décor: A Will O' the Wisp will work with you to create beautiful decorations on Marie Knight.
ASL Interpreter: Available when booking in advance
Destinations and Activities
Each day's wind and weather will dictate the course of our cruise.
After boarding, we'll cruise into Provincetown Harbor, visit the lighthouse at Long Point and on to Wood End weather permitting. If this is a sunset cruise you will be in a perfect location for viewing this spectacular site. Longer cruises will allow us to go further into Cape Cod Bay, possibly to Race Point or towards Wellfleet. If desired, you can swim or just relax and soak up the summer sun. We often see wildlife including seals and birds, and if we're lucky, dolphins or whales.
While aboard we welcome conversation and any questions you may have, or simply soak up the sun and enjoy the ocean and the hospitality of our amazing crew.
What to Bring
The weather can be deceiving so we suggest that even on the warmest of evenings you bring a light sweater or jacket. Some things you may want to bring along to ensure a comfortable day aboard:
- Music: Your smart phone, iPhone or iPad will connect directly into our speakers.
- Snacks or picnic
- Adult beverages
- Bathing suit
- Non-spraying sunscreen
- Bonine® or Dramamine® for motion sickness
Do NOT bring
While marijuana may be legal in different places on land, it is not at sea. We kindly ask that you do not bring this or any other illicit substances aboard with you or you will be denied boarding with no refund.
Food and Drink
We have bottled water, plates, utensils, glassware, paper goods, ice and anything else you need to enjoy a light meal and cocktails.
Our charter prices do not include gratuity. If you enjoyed your time with us, your gratuities for the crew are greatly appreciated.
Terms & Conditions: Weather, Cancellations and Refund Policies:
- In the event your charter is cancelled by our captain due to weather, you will have the option of rescheduling for a later date or receiving a full refund.
- If you cancel 14 days or more prior to your departure date you will receive a full credit to book another trip within one year or an 50% refund.
- Less than 14 days notice you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your charter we do not offer a refund.
- No shows are not eligible for a refund.
- If the captain is forced to terminate the charter due to passenger intoxication or unruliness no refund will be issued. This is a the sole discretion of the captain.